flickR is different from Traditional photo hosting sites in that it feels focused on photo sharing as a networking tool.
Most photo sharing sites seem to be more about the ability to have organize and print your photos. Anyone can see the pictures and the albums you have posted.
flickR allows you to post in such a way to encourage social networking. They let you put tags on the photos that connect your photos with other photos sharing the same tag. The picture in this post is of the voice actor Troy Baker. I tagged the photo with his name and the convention it was taken at. The convention tag has now linked my photo in with the other convention tagged photos, allowing me to contact the other convention attendees.
Another great thing is the ease with which you can post photos. One of the articles I read talked about how the person snapped pictures with their camera phone that were then instantly uploaded to the site where people could view them just minutes later. I haven't figured out how to do this myself yet but it is something that I am going to look into.


No comments:
Post a Comment