Monday, December 31, 2007

iTube, TheyTube, YouTube [Thing #23]

YouTube is, one of, if not the most popular video hosting website. It is much like flickR in that users can post, tag, and comment on different videos.

What I really like about the site is the variety of videos. I love anime music videos which can usually only be found through PvP software such as Limewire. I have found a lot of videos on the site that I really like and never would have seen otherwise. I also love that there are a lot of videos of matches from different wrestlers letting me see matches I may not have been able to see otherwise.

One thing I don't like about the site is that there are some crude videos out there, spoiling the site. Searching can be a little difficult sometimes even with tags, and I'm grateful for the favorites option so I can always find the videos I like.

In regards to libraries they could use the site to post book reviews, how-to videos for patrons who might want to see how different things are done.

The video that I choose is one of the first that I ever saw. I love WWE wrestling shows and CM Punk is one of my favorites. The first time I saw this video I was leaving so hard that I couldn't breathe.


No comments: