"Bye! Good Bye!" I called waving to L2 from the train. It stood sagely on the side of the tracks and waved back to me with a little smile. It already knew that I would soon find myself missing it's company. All I knew was that my time with L2 was over, and that I was prepared to move on to bigger and better things. What those things were and where they would take me I wasn't sure but I was ready.
Perhaps someday our paths would cross again. I was left to wonder if I would recognize him if we ever did meet again. Only God above knew if we would meet again.
I continued waving as the train began to pull away from the station; he continued waving back. A slight sadness came over me as he began to shrink into the distance. I wiped a tear from eye as I settled into my seat. Looking out the window I began to wonder where my journey would take me.

No comments:
Post a Comment